Sunday, March 2, 2008

Coptic Matthew 11:25-30

Finding Refreshment in Jesus

Matthew 11:25-30, Sahidic Coptic and my English translation

25. HmpeuoeiS etmmau aFouwSb nCi ihsous eFJw mmos Je Texomologei nak paeiwt pJoeis ntpe mn pkaH.Je nai akHopou ensofos mn nsabeeu akColpou de ebol nnShre Shm
At that time Jesus answered, saying, "I praise you, my Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth, because you hid these things from the wise and learned, and you revealed them to the children.

26. aHe paeiwt Je ntasranak nteiHe mpekmto ebol
Yes, my Father, because in this way it became pleasing in your presence.

27. auT nai mpthrF ebol HitootF mpaeiwt auw mn laau sooun mpShre ei mhti peiwt oude mn laau sooun mpeiwt eimhti pShre mn peterepShre naouwS eouwS euwnH naF ebol
All was given to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, neither does anyone know the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal Him.

28. amhitn Saroi ouon nim etHose auw etotp. auw anok TnaTmton nhtn
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened down, and I will set you at ease/give you rest.

29. Fi mpanaHb eHrai eJn thutn. ntetn eime ebol nHht Je angourmraS auw Tqbbihu Hm paHht. taretetnHe eumton nneyuch
Take my yoke upon you, and understand/know from me, for I am mild and humble in heart, and you will find ease/rest in (your) souls.

30. panaHb gar naHlwCF auw saswou nCi taetpw.
For my yoke is pleasant/sweet and my burden is light."

No comments: